Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Vow to Make Mistakes With GUSTO!


The image in my mind is of an Olympic gymnast, making an absolute train wreck of some ending part of her routine, recovering to a minimal degree, then doing that TA-DA! move anyway. TA-DA! with the arms way up. TA-DA! to this side of the room, TA-DA! to that side of the room. Apparently that's called "sticking the landing".

I looked on YouTube for a gymnast moment like this, but ended up being fairly traumatized by some videos of really serious gymnast injuries. I don't recommend it.

But then I found this. "How to Stick the Landing." Someone with some video skill had the same idea. TA-DA! with every success, and TA-DA! with every mistake. Don't just meet mistakes, but greet mistakes!

All you need is
1) Coordination
2) Shamelessness
and 3) The ability to laugh at yourself.


I am actually pretty coordinated. It's #2 and #3 that need a little more practice.

I vow to stick the landing.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Zen Trixter said...

Absolutely brilliant. I'm pretty sure the point was better made with this rather than with a "real" gymnast.

Jomon said...

I agree. It's so hilarious! This is my aspiration.