Monday, June 8, 2009

Sesshin Sweetness

I am at a loss for words upon return from Sesshin. I have a long post about Michfest in the works, but that is pretty distant today.

So here is a photo of my nightstand set-up from this week's Sesshin. The hanky is from my dear friend Amy, part of a sweet care package she sent in celebration of my upcoming Sabbatical. If you look closely in the lower right hand corner below the toothpaste, you can see the words "Good Day".

She's not a Zen practitioner, and probably had no idea that those words are central to a koan:

Unmon said: "I do not ask you about fifteen days ago. But what about fifteen days hence? Come, say a word about this!" Since none of the monks answered, he answered for them: "Every day is a good day."

2 comments:

Tay said...

welcome back, sweetie. you inspire me, every post. thanks for being my friend :)

Jomon said...

Thank YOU for being so awesome!